EPDM (ethylene propylene diene methylene) rubber is synthetic and is used for various uses including playground surfaces and sports flooring purposes. It is safe and non-toxic, which makes it a great option for children’s playgrounds.
Resistance to the UV rays
EPDM flooring has been designed to resist the urge of being damaged in applications when exposed to certain elements like ultraviolet rays and outdoor. For instance, imagine that you had a porch light fixture that requires a gasket against the wall or if you had a playground that requires a rubber surface then the EPDM flooring will prove to be the best type of rubber for both in the terms of its application and resistance.
Were you aware of the fact that the seals that surround your car’s windows are made out of EPDM? Yes, it is because the materials that can stand up to the external elements are absolutely necessary for the application that the EPDM flooring will provide to your space.
Resistance to chemicals
The virtual dictionary effectively sums up the chemicals that the EPDM flooring can resist and they are ketones, fireproof hydraulic fluids, alkalis and hot and cold water. The applications that include oils, kerosene, gasoline, and concentrated acids must be kept away from the black EPDM.
The benefits of EPDM flooring are:
- Resistance to ozone, UV exposure, weathering, and many other chemicals makes it great and fit for outdoor applications.
- Stability is high as well as low temperatures is the general purpose of the EPDM flooring material which means that it can be used in the environment where the temperature is from -29C to 177C.
- Very low electrical conductivity.
- Resistance to water and steam.
- Used in the generation of extruded rubber or moulded rubber products.
- Properties permit it to be widely used and be extremely versatile.
- When used in a good environment, the parts of the EPDM flooring will function well and will last for a long time without breaking down or becoming brittle, which will save the user time and money that could be wasted on replacements.
Given these qualities, EPDM flooring proves to be a solid and reliable synthetic elastomer with vibrant physical properties, which makes it ideal for outdoor and non-oil chemical applications.
If you require an outdoor rubber that has already proven to be reliable and resistant to chemicals then Amazing floors takes pride in suggesting the EPDM flooring as the right material for the job and promises to deliver the product on time under any circumstances!